15 April 2012

GEO XCK-105 Black Lens Review

Hello!! How are you? 

Today I'm going to be reviewing GEO's XCK-105 lens

So...

In the case

On my finger (the inside design is same as the outside)

Left eye: no lens on, Right eye: Lens on

Both lens on

Information:
Color: Black
Diameter: 14.8mm
Water content: 38%
Base curve: 8.6
Duration: 1 year/12 months
Disposable soft lens

Design and Color: 3/5

This design is pretty basic and simple. It is a 1-tone color lens and really doesn't change the eye color into a shocking bright color. The black is like a dark ink, unlike some other black lens that are more of a dark grey or brown. But, being a black color, you can see my regular brown eye color through the XCK-105 lens.The design is really simple and it just adds a black ring around your eyes; it doesn't change your eye color completely at all.  It makes an interesting effect; it really grew on me and I wish I could have eyes like that naturally!

Enlargement: 5+/5

These lens are so BIG! I kind of wish that I would have gotten the smaller version (the CK-105 lens) because my eyes are almost completely swallowed up by these almost 15mm lens. If anyone has large eyes, these might fit on their eyes a lot more than mine. My father, for instance, can't handle 14mm lens because they are too small for his eye, so I recommend to use 14.2mm, 14.5mm, or even 15mm lens for good enlargement on big eyes. My eyes are really comparatively small, so I definitely look like a bug without makeup.

Comfort: 3/5

GEO is really not too comfortable with my eyes. Maybe it is the diameter of the circle lens, but I don't think they are too comfortable. They're comfort is average. I needed about 4 eye drops once it started becoming afternoon and a few more eye drops in the evening. The GEO Nudy Blues I have are quite fine, but they still require eye drops.

Overall: 3/5

These should be great for costuming or just for taking pictures if you want really big and black eyes! It's a good investment if your know how to accessorize with it!

I use my XCK-105s for modeling...

And cosplay (I was Haku from Naruto)!

Thanks for reading!

See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment