15 July 2012

Obon Summer Festival

Those who came to the Obon Summer Festival in Pasadena, LA
Thank you for supporting us!

We volunteered at the Mishima Grilled Corn booth this year
Kimimi and I were thrilled to see so many people who wanted grilled corn on the cob!! w w

Some people asked me,
"Are you from Mishima?"
I laugh because...
I'm not from Mishima! I am just volunteering!

My family is actually does not have direct Japanese blood
My ancestors come from mainland China and the Canton region
But I still enjoy celebrating the Japanese culture with all of my relatives (because many of them are married into Japanese families)

Kimimi and I saw a booth that sold old winter magazines of Egg, Popteen, etc. for only $1.00!
We bought about $6 worth of magazines and still wanted more
But our stash was beginning to grow really heavy so we had to stop buying magazines and keep working at the grilled corn booth

Unfortunately,
We did not participate in any dances or get any pictures
We were so swamped by customers that all we did was dance in our booth! w w w w w

By the time we got in line for cold soba
It was all sold out! 
So we got Chow Mein instead

When we went down to eat, we sat on top of a wall
And started to crack jokes and inappropriate things
There was also an uncle there,
But he walked away after our jokes
Sorry!! (oA o) We didn't mean to scare you!

Nevertheless, it was a fun time over at the festival!!
I hope to do some more volunteering again
But I won't be in LA for Nisei Week
Come look for us at upcoming events (I will post later)

P.S. We ran out of soy sauce at our grilled corn booth
We deeply apologize for this!


No comments:

Post a Comment