24 July 2012

Micro Fiber Double Eyelid Fiber Review + Tutorial!

This is the famous Micro Fiber double eyelid fiber that I really love!
It sells for cheap; only $5.50 USD at Asian goods stores in the USA

Where I live, this is about 400 yen at convenience stores!

The pack contains 105 pieces of eyelid fiber
And it also had double sided adhesive for a secure hold when you use the eyelid fiber


The container is made of a sturdy plastic and comes with an applicator stick and scissors!
Unfortunately, my scissors were very dull and would not cut the fiber, so I'm using my other pair now

Pros:
-Economical pricing
-Adhesive is strong and durable
-Fiber width is thicker than AB (Automatic Beauty) and Mezaik brand
-Fiber feels stronger than AB (Automatic Beauty) brand

Cons:
-Not easy for beginners
-Scissors can be dull in the packaging
-Fiber may be a little shiny in sunlight if shown
-Silver/gold tabs at the ends may be pulled off if the fiber is pulled too quickly or harshly

What I think:
This is a great investment for me! I have one eyelid that will not stay a double eyelid, so buying Micro Fiber is amazing for me. I do not run out of this double eyelid fiber quickly at all and it actually sticks and helps create another fold in my eyelids!

Tutorial time!!

As you can see, one of my eyelids is a tapered/mono eyelid
I'll be working with the tapered/mono eyelid instead of my already parallel eyelid
(Hint: If you want a higher double eyelid crease and already have parallel eyelids, then do it! Nothing is stopping you!)

Remember to pat dry your eyelid before using the fiber
This will help the fiber stick and adhere better

See the gold/silver tabs? They are not sticking to the plastic sheet, so take one and start peeling off the eyelid fiber
Like this:
Peel off the white paper on top of the eyelid fiber
The fiber should be clear, like this:
Using the pink applicator, measure where you want to put your eyelid crease
I put my eyelid fiber close to my brow bone for higher of an eyelid fold
Take the eyelid fiber, holding the two gold/silver tabs and place it over your measured area on your eyelid
Stretch the fiber across your eyelid
This should not hurt, but if you are a beginner, you might feel some discomfort
Using your scissors, cut off the gold/silver tabs on the sides COMPLETELY and secure the edges by patting it down to adhere to your eyelid gently
Use either side of the applicator to tuck in your eyelid fiber
Look into the mirror to check if your missed any spots where you see the fiber still sticking out
You may need to do this several times
You may also put a glue sealer on top of the fiber if you would like, but it is not necessary to do so
And you're done!!

You may now apply makeup of any sort! 

I hope you enjoyed this review and tutorial!
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to write something in the comment box!


See you soon! Later!

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for your review, very informative! I must get my hands on this product since I have very uneven eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I believe you can find it online or even at a Japanese good store. ;) Thank you for your comment.

      Delete
  2. Hi!
    What store here in the state sell the Micro Fiber Double Eyelid tape? The only store here in california is marukai and mitsuwa.

    Please get back to me asap!

    Thank you and you are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got this from a Marukai store in Japan over the summer, but I believe Marukai sells it in California as well. I believe the most popular Marukai stores that sell them are i Los Angeles and San Francisco. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi im a beginner at this and im trying to get a double eyelid. I'm losing my confidence:(.
    and i really want to try this one out. i tried everything but it sucks. and is it noticeable when you try it on??

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi im a beginner at this and im trying to get a double eyelid. I'm losing my confidence:(.
    and i really want to try this one out. i tried everything but it sucks. and is it noticeable when you try it on??

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi im a beginner at this and im trying to get a double eyelid. I'm losing my confidence:(.
    and i really want to try this one out. i tried everything but it sucks. and is it noticeable when you try it on??

    ReplyDelete