03 March 2013

Gothic 3tones Sapphire Lens Review

This post seems delayed, doesn't it?
Sorry about that!

So today,
I'm going to be reviewing...

Gothic 3tones Sapphire

One lens
Both lens

Information:
Color: Blue
Diameter: 14.5mm
Water content: 38%
Base curve: 8.6mm
Manufacturer: G&G/ Dueba
Duration: 12 months/1 year

Design and Color: 4/5

These lens are really pretty! I love the pale blue that they are in their lens case. The design is the same as my other ones, the Gothic 3tones Turquoise lens. It gives a really natural effect from afar, which is great for me because I tend to like the more natural designs than the ones that may be for costumes.
When I put the lens on, I noticed that the lens was not a pale blue color anymore. It is more of a nice light blue. I don't mind it either way, but I was kind of hoping for the pale blue to be its color on my eyes. Nevertheless, I'm still very happy with this series!

Enlargement: 3.5/5

Since these lens are 14.5mm with no significant black/brown outer ring (instead, it has a grey-ish color for an outer ring), it is not hugely enlarging. I find it unique and like how it blends well. The lens aren't too big in my eye, which is great because I don't have to wear too much makeup on days that I am sensitive or lazy, haha!

Comfort: 3.5/5

It was a little strange when I soaked these lens for a night and then tried them on. I had one very comfortable lens while the other one felt like it was poking the side of my eye. I immediately took it out and search for any scratches, cuts or defects in the lens itself, then looked if there was anything in my eye. I didn't find anything, so I changed the lens case instead. It turned out that the lens case had something in it and was causing the lens to seem defective.
Now that the problem is solved, I feel no discomfort at all with these lenses. I do not need eye drops for the entire day, and that is a great thing.

Overall: 3.5/5

The Gothic 3tone series are something I would definitely recommend for those who want some enlargement and color change, but not to look super dolly or alien-like. The color can be very subtle in some eyes, so this series may not be for everyone. I particularly enjoy how natural it looks without being too over the top when I am out in public.

This is a picture with moderate lighting. You can see that the color of the lens can vary in different types of light.

I hope you found some good information about these lens (^_^)/
See you in the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment