21 November 2012

Beware of FAKE CIRCLE LENSES

A few weeks ago,
I decided to do some experiments on circle lenses
I heard about the Rubbing Alcohol Dye Safety test, so I decided to try it on my already expired
Barbie Eye Princess Lace Blue lenses

So the test goes like this: 
1) Fill a small dish with rubbing alcohol liquid
2) Place a contact lens into the solution
3) Wait for a minute to two minutes
4) Take it out of the solution and place it on a piece of tissue or absorbing paper
5) With a cotton q-tip, rub the colored parts of the contact lens in circle-like patterns for about 30 seconds
6) Observe the q-tip. If the q-tip has any coloring on it, that indicates that the contact lens' dye is not printed inside the lens, but rather printed on top of the lens.

Color lens should never have dye touching your eye! It is very dangerous and will damage your eyes as time progresses and you wear them often.

The blue dye rubbed off onto the q-tip! (> <||)

After a few more rubs, the entire dye and design came off!! (; ^ ;)
This is really saddening for me to see.

Please be aware that you cannot wear the lens that you have soaked in rubbing alcohol...

||orz I'm really sad that there are fake lens
So please,
Be careful when you buy circle lens! You should always make sure they are safe!


3 comments:

  1. may i ask you where you bought these lenses? :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was sponsored these fake lenses by JnK Contact Lenses.com.
      I've heard some very disappointing reviews about this website, so I was saddened to see that the lenses were fake. :(

      Delete
  2. Hi.How about the Sparkle,New Ice Dolly and Cocktail lenses are those safe to wear??please do a review on those lenses too.Thanks =)

    ReplyDelete