11 May 2012

Kozue's Blog Post on Tumblr About Alibaba/AliExpress


Good afternoon (haha, it's already day)!
My good friend, Kozu, sent me a post she wrote not too long ago regarding the Chinese wholesale place: Alibaba and AliExpress.

Please read it! I think this is very important for those who buy online!

Thanks, Kozu, for showing me this!


--------------

Topic: Alibaba and AliExpress.com - Are They A Fraud?

Yes!
PLEASE! Do not use these sites to buy things from!
Years ago, I used to use this market to buy things from. Nowadays, there are many marketers who will do anything to get your money. They may send you the products, but many of what I’ve received in the past are fake.
For one example, when I paid for a transaction online, I used PayPal, which protected me from my credit card being hacked or broken into.
In another case (as I like to try things out), I used a trial bank account and credit card to pay for a small pair of circle lens (the vendor’s company was called “Party Kingdom” and the seller is Sharon Chen). When I received my product, there was no verification code on the lens vials. After much research and comparing these lens vials with others I had, they turned out to be a fraud! I filed a cancellation and a refund, sending back the lens and they did make it to the vendor again. They refunded my money, which was fine… until two days ago.
My bank account did not notify me until I went to the ATM to deposit my hard earned money from a Face Trade I made the day before. I swiped my card, punched in my PIN… The ATM told me to call Customer Services right away. After doing so, I found out that someone had been using my card to pay for hotels, motels, and even receiving payments from other people!
I had this mess cleared up after learning this; I cancelled my credit card for a new one and went through a whole mess of receipts to verify who I was. I found it strange that my bank didn’t tell me these purchases. I check my bank account online everyday during the afternoon for about 10 minutes or so. But my money was rapidly being spent and it concerned me.
So,
Please do NOT use Alibaba or AliExpress for any purchases!
The market site has been corrupted and many people have filed complaints and many others do not know and end up in a situation like this one.

2 comments:

  1. I am interested in one circle lenses I saw in PARTY KINGDOM, but after reading your comment, I'm doubting. PARTY KINGDOM would you say it is not safe?

    thanks XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi dear, I purchased from them as well but their products are fake. The dye rubbed off easily from the contact lenses.

      Delete